Friday, March 26, 2010

A Cute Cousins Room

My brother-in-law is a firefighter. They have two little boys and just bought their first house. My sister-in-law had already purchased the bedding and sheets, so we were talking about what would be cute for the bedroom. I suggested a half-wall of red with a road going around the room. She found firetruck vinyl stickers online and this is how their bedroom turned out....The road is really cool, because I painted it with chalkboard paint. We aren't telling the three year old and two year old yet, but it will be fun for them someday to write on the walls!
I was really proud of my sister-in-law. I encouraged her to paint the red part, since we live 45 minutes away. Then I came two other times to paint everything else. She put the stickers up with the boys. It was a big creative step for her to do the red paint!
It's really a cute room. She found red and white striped fabric on sale and her and her dad are making roman shades for the room. Perfect for two little boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment